It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the ‘Your legal rights’ section.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS FROM YOU
We collect your personal data when you place an order, request other services, sign up for our newsletters or browse our Website. The data we collect includes details you provide us with. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of our correspondence with you.
- HOW THIS INFORMATION IS USED
We process this personal data for the following purposes: To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract, which is relevant where you make a purchase and includes:
- verifying your identity
- taking payments
- communicating with you
- providing customer services
- arranging the delivery or other provision of products
As required by THE INCHES CLUB to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any enquiries or complaints you may send us
- we may use your information to help us monitor our Website, improve and protect our products, content and services, both online and offline
- we use information you provide to personalize our Website, products or services for you and give you access to services reserved for registered users, such as Wish Lists
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see section ‘Who your information will be shared with’)
- we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law
- provide any additional services you have requested, such as our marketing communications and other direct marketing purposes including creating a profile about you to better understand you and tailor the marketing, we send you
- may send you post, if you are a customer or account holder
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation)
Where you give us consent:
- Where it is required by applicable law, we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services,
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- WITHDRAWING CONSENT OR OTHERWISE OBJECTING TO DIRECT MARKETING
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your information for other purposes, such as those set out above.
In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have the right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the bottom of any marketing email we send you or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- WHO YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE SHARED WITH?
Personal data may be shared with THE INCHES CLUB family of companies.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of THE INCHES CLUB for the purposes identified above. If you would like to receive more information on the third parties we use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that THE INCHES CLUB business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
In connection with the purposes identified above, your personal information may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the Netherlands, EU, Switzerland or the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). This could also be the case due to members of our staff processing your order or payment, operating outside of that region. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where information is transferred outside the Netherlands, EU Switzerland or the EEA that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, information is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules. For more information on the transfer mechanism used, please contact us at the contact details outlined below.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site and any such transmission is at your own risk.
5.YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Where required by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this information to another controller. If you are a registered user, you may also review and change your personal information on your account profile page.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing). These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights (or get a copy of our legitimate interest balancing tests) you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
For the provision of information marked as mandatory when you register to use our service, if such information is not provided, then you will not be able to use the service. All other provision of your information is optional. If you do not provide such information, our provision of certain services to you may be detracted from.
- DURATION OF RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We store information for as long as necessary to provide our services. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the information, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example:
- Account information you provide to us is kept as long as you remain an account holder.
- We will keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing indefinitely, so that we avoid sending you marketing in the future.
Sometimes business and legal requirements oblige us to retain certain information, for specific purposes, for an extended period of time. Reasons we might retain some information for longer periods of time include security, fraud prevention, and financial record-keeping, complying with legal or regulatory requirements.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law or regulation, our information practices, our services, or our operational requirements. Depending on the type of change, we may notify you by updating this page or by email. We encourage you to periodically review this page to see any changes we have made.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process your information, please contact us by email at email@example.com